Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Shawn likes Discovery Island

In December, 1994 I had my first
(and only) trip to
Disney's Discovery Island.
Although I'm not much of a nature boy,
I loved my experience there.
It was only accessible by boat and
becuase it wasn't teeming with tourists,
you felt very special being there.
As you'd expect, the theming was great
and it was like you were in a tropical forest.
The wooden walkways were wide,
and everywhere you looked
your field of vision was filled with
wildlife and incredible creatures.
This attraction is now closed
and most of the inhabitants moved over to
Disney's Animal Kingdom when that park opened in 1998.











Here are a few of the snapshots I took while on the island:


You'll see this beautiful flowing stream in the video below.
Luckily for us, it didn't rain the day
WE were there. (you'll see)


I loved seeing the Galapagos Tortoises.
As we were walking towards them
they came right up to us for attention!
I was worried that they would try to bite us,
but they loved being petted.
We were told that they were over
100 years old!






No comments: