Friday, April 4, 2008

Shawn likes Fantasmic!


This is a license plate for the GREAT Disney show Fantasmic!

I love the colors used on this plate and think the villians used here are superb. Pictured are: Ursula, Scar, Maleficent (in dragon form), Chernabog (from Fantasia), and Hades.

I first saw Fantasmic! when I went to Walt Disney World in December of 1999 and then again on my next trip in October of 2007. It was (and still remains) amazing. The effects in this production are incredible.

During Fantasmic!, enorormous "walls" of water are used as a 'movie screen' to project images from tons of Disney films. The show has two two main themes - Disney songs and Disney villians, so as you can imagine, I'm very happy whenever I get to watch it.

The first time after I saw the show, I wanted the soundtrack so much that I spent the next days of my vacation going into every gift shop to see if they had it. Luckily, someone at the World Of Disney store at Downtown Disney looked it up on their computer and found out that they still had some copies left at the Contemporary Resort, - so a quick bus trip and monorail ride later - I had the soundtrack!

No comments: