Sunday, April 20, 2008

Shawn likes Disney Music



Growing up I had several Disney book and record sets
which included the songs from the various films.
Those LP's (in addition to 'The Wonderful World Of Disney' TV show),
are what started my great love of Disney and specifically Disney music.

This 78 song, 3 CD collection of Disney music,
"The Music Of Disney - A Legacy In Song"
was released in 1992, and without a doubt -
it is the 'Holy Grail' of my music collection.


Although The Little Mermaid and Beauty And The Beast
were on CD before this set was available -
this was the first chance I had to amass
a great amount of Disney music on CD.


I remember being at work and reading the the USA Today that this was available.
I literally put down the paper, left work, went to the record store and bought this.

It has a great collection of all of the big Disney hits
and a lot of the lesser-known songs.
It includes music from the animated features,
the live action movies, the various TV shows and even the theme parks!



For me though, the item that really puts it over the top is the lavishly illustrated 60 page book that comes with the boxed set.


It's jam packed with information about the songs, the movies,
the composers, and the voice talent.

I think it's a conservative estimate to say that I've listened to this set 2,481 times,
and I can't wait for the 2,482 time!


No comments: